Wraith of Duran Duran


I've been pretty busy this month. But it's a nice kinda of busy. I've been painting and cleaning up and unpacking things.
So I haven't been posting much since I started up my blog again.
Here's my latest post of my art piece for the radiator show in Vegas' Avant Gallery. The Gallery is actually inside of a Radiator Shop!
Each artist is to make art using an old radiators . I went for the cheesy, silly, camp-y sci-fi movie Barbarella as my theme.
So here it is: Barbarella being attacked by the killer baby dolls in the early part of the film.
The piece was a lot of fun to create. I still have a little more work on it. The hard part is going to figure out how to hang it on a wall. Anyone have any ideas?
Also in August I'm going to be part of the group show "Art Round Up" in the Las vegas Art Museum . I'm excited with the show because the art space there is really nice. It's nice to spend my summer painting, but I will be returning to my job searching late in August. I will need stable income. In the meantime I'm enjoying this time until the summer ends.
Here's an interview of me on artsofvegas.com. I'm really nervous on camera. But Jeaux (the bf) thinks I'm entertaining. (????) Entertaining but do you think you can understand what I'm talking about???
Of yeah, don't forget to check out Jeaux's art show at the Funkhouse this August!! < here's a link to his blog>. I've been witnessing Jeaux painting and finishing his comic strip. It's going to be a fun show! So if your in the vegas area come see it!
heart: cristina


<< Home